Spartan Animal Hospital
4811 Larson Beach Rd
McFarland, WI 53558
We want to provide your pets with the best care possible so please be aware that e-mail requests may take time for a response. If you require faster assistance please call us at 608.838.6115. Do not use e-mail for emergencies or sick animals.
Visit us on Facebook
We offer a full range of diagnostic and surgical procedures by appointment including:
- Routine & Advanced Surgery - We offer elective, orthopedic, and soft tissue surgery with modern anesthetics and surgical monitoring for safety and quick recovery with effective pain management. We perform surgeries Monday through Friday by appointment. Specific instructions will be provided to you when you schedule your pet's surgery.
- Injury Care
- Digital Radiography - We now offer digital radiography which reduces the amount of time spent taking and processing x-rays. Digital technology allows us to magnify an image or change its contrast in order to better analyze the image.
- Ultrasound - Ultrasound allows us to visualize the internal organs which greatly assists us in the diagnostic process.
- Endoscopy - Video endoscopy allows us to see internally in real-time without invasive surgery.
- Dentistry - Untreated gum disease is the single greatest cause of health problems in dogs and cats. It is one factor that you can control which can significantly affect the quality and length of your pet's life. To help your pet we recommend that you schedule a professional examination and cleaning of the teeth.
- Digital Dental Radiography - Dental radiography is an invaluable tool that can diagnose many dental conditions that can be missed because the problem occurs below the gum line or inside a tooth. A tooth may look normal but actually be causing your pet pain. Dental radiography gives us the ability to confirm disease in a tooth and document bone loss. Having a digital system allows us the ability to instantly view the images and adjust the features such as zoom, brightness and contrast adding in the diagnostic plan.
- Laser Surgery - Laser surgery involves the precise sealing of nerve endings while cutting tissue so your pet experiences less pain and bleeding. Laser energy also acts as an antibacterial agent reducing the risk of infection. The combination of less pain, swelling and bleeding leads to faster recovery for your pet.
- Laser Therapy - Laser therapy is a beneficial treatment that can help improve the quality of your pet's life by speeding up healing time and restoring mobility. It is non-toxic, non-invasive and provides healing without medications. It works by decreasing inflammation and increasing blood flow thereby aiding the healing process. Laser therapy can be used as adjunctive therapy for a variety of conditions including arthritis/degenerative joint disease, sprained muscles, skin conditions, wounds, rehabilitation, gingivitis, fracture repairs and various other concerns.
- Arthroscopy/Laparoscopy - Use of specialized instruments via small incisions to visualize and manipulate tissues without the need for a more invasive procedure. Arthroscopy is used to diagnose and treat joint abnormalities including arthritis/degenerative joint disease. It is also used during cruciate repairs to visualize the medial meniscus and remove damaged tissue. Laparoscopy is used to visualize internal organs either in the abdomen or thorax. It is useful in obtaining biopsies without the need for more invasive surgery. It can also be used to remove small masses among other procedures.
- Regenerative Medicine - Cutting edge treatment for soft tissue and orthopedic injuries:
- IRAP (Interleukin-1 Receptor Antagonist Protein) protects against degenerative joint disease (DJD) and osteoarthritis (OA) by increasing the speed of healing and reducing the damaging affects of inflammation within a joint. Useful for multiple procedures including cruciate repairs and hock and elbow injuries where the joint has become damaged or compromised.
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) is a plasma that has been enriched with platelet proteins to promote the healing of bone and soft tissue. Useful in treating joint, tendon and muscle damage.
- Stem Cells
- Routine Examinations & Vaccinations
- Puppy & Kitten Wellness Examinations
- Exotic Animal Wellness Examinations
- Geriatric Examinations
- Nutritional Counseling
- Behavioral Counseling
- Heartworm Prevention
- Flea & Tick Control
- Certificate of Veterinary Inspections (CVI's) (Health Certificates)
- Microchip Placement
- Blood Chemistries
- Intestinal Parasite Testing
- Thyroid Testing
- Fungal Culture
- Glucose Curve
- FeLV/FIV Testing
- Heartworm Testing (Canine & Feline)
- Lyme Disease Testing
- Ehrlichia Testing